Re: pcomplete completion instead of comint-dynamic-complete?

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: pcomplete completion instead of comint-dynamic-complete?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:59:02 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> WIBNI there was a convenient way to change M-x shell RET to use
> pcomplete instead of comint-dynamic-complete?

Yes!

> There was talk about making pcomplete the default some time ago, but
> some people objected.

AFAIK, the objections were due to pcomplete not operating in the
same way as the current default (i.e., Cycling is on by default in pcomplete).

However, I love pcomplete behaviour, and its extensibility, and
would very much like to see the ability set it as completer,
instead of the current, default.

--
CYa,
  Mario