Re: changing line heights

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: changing line heights
Date: 24 Sep 2003 10:47:27 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > It seems that there has been introduced a bug regarding line heights.
> > Look at the two attached images: If I insert a "'" character, the line
> > height increases.  Apparently only the right and left quote characters
> > produces this effect.
>
> I can't reproduce that bug with the latest HEAD.

I presume it has something to do with this change:

        * international/mule-cmds.el (standard-display-european-internal):
        Don't use char code for Latin-1 NBSP.
        <XFree86 4>: Unfrob NBSP display table.  Set display table to use
        U+2018, U+2019 for `'.

Which would seem to only affect `standard-display-european' (isn't that
obsolete?!?).

That seems like a kind of dubious change BTW...

-miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)