Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]
Date: 26 Sep 2003 00:47:45 +0100

> There is a bug, perhaps, but taking out that change is not a very good
> fix.  That would make ` and ' look too similar (or so it is said).

I find the opposite. U+2018 and U+2019 look very similar, while ` and
' are noticeably different. From memory, the original change was
proposed for aesthetic reasons because a lot of documentation uses `
and ' as quotation marks, and the original characters are so
different that they look strange in that context to someone used to
double ' or the Unicode quote characters.