Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)
Date: 24 Sep 2003 08:42:13 -0400

> - XML syntax aware editing (functionality like parse-partial-sexp for XML)

I'd like to beef up the syntax.c code, which means among other things
parse-partial-sexp.  One important aspect of it is that I'd like it
to be extensible.  Do you have some idea of how parse-partial-sexp
could be made extensible such that you could make use of it in your
XML parser ?

        Stefan

PS: One trivial option is to introduce a parse-partial-sexp-function,
    of course, but it's too crude and doesn't address the need to also
    adjust things like up-list, backward-sexp, ...
PPS: I have some other unconvincing ideas as well, but I'd like to hear your
    ideas, if any, first (I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and fear that by
    presenting my ideas I'll force you to get stuck in the same rut).