Re: Info menus on text-mode terminals

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Info menus on text-mode terminals
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:07:03 -0500 (CDT)

To elaborate somewhat on my previous reply:

The reason why `Info-hide-note-references' does not work well on
text-only terminals is because it relies on the display property for
indentation.  I do not believe that the display property works on
text-only terminals.  It definitely does not _seem_ to work.  Unless I
am mistaken about that, this should be clearly pointed out in
(elisp)Display Property.  Authors using the display property should
take that fact into account and provide alternatives for text-only
terminals, if possible.  (Again, unless I would be mistaken.)  In the
case we are considering, one such alternative is to set
`Info-hide-note-references' to nil on these terminals.

Sincerely,

Luc.