Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:17:07 +0000 (UTC)

    Yes it should and I am sure it can be improved.  But I need to
    know why it failed for you.  Can you mail some of the attempts you
    tried?

In both ~/.emacs.d/gtkrc and ~/.gtkrc-2.0, I tried

    style "dark_bg_scrollbar_style"
     {
       bg[NORMAL] = "green"
       fg[NORMAL] = "red"
     }

    widget_class "*Emacs.pane.emacs.verticalScrollbar*" style
"dark_bg_scrollbar_style"

and

    style "dark_bg_scrollbar_style"
      {
        bg[ACTIVE] = "green"
        fg[ACTIVE] = "red"
      }

    widget_class "*verticalScrollbar*" style "dark_bg_scrollbar_style"

and the same with `widget' substituting for `widget_class', and
without `*', and with the long and short names for both
{widget|widget_class}.  (I made a lot of attempts.) (Obviously, green
and red are not good colors, but they would stand out when I reran a
new instance of Emacs).

I based these attempts on a working entry for style "menufont".

    Emacs faces does not go well with that.  We can add more to the
    documentation about the restrictions, I guess.

Yes, please add more to the documentation.  Also, please be sure to
add to the customize command, since many people will use it without
reading the documentation.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden