Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:03:03 -0500 (CDT)

Robert Chassell wrote:

      Your question concerned GTK.  Jan answered it.

   No, he did not.

OK, I should have said: "Jan is taking care of it".

   As a tester, please run a non-default Emacs for a while.  It is
   useful for everyone.

I run a non-default Emacs all the time, except if I specifically want
to test the default behavior.  I normally use the native scrollbar:

./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars

This does not yield the default scroll bar you get with a simple
./configure, the Xaw3d scroll bar.

   Apparently, it [I think you are referring to the native scroll bar,
   not the GTK scroll bar] completely ignores the :foreground
   attribute, only :background matters.

In as far as your parenthetical remark (inside my original quote is
concerned), I was _not_ referring to the native scroll bar, that one
works completely OK, I was referring to the Xaw3d scroll bar, the one
you get if you simply run ./configure without worrying about scroll
bar choices.  I would guess that that is exactly what the vast
majority of Emacs users do.

   I don't know about this; if so, it is another bug to be fixed,

I do not know Xaw3d well enough to decide whether this is a bug in the
Emacs handling of Xaw3d or just a shortcoming (or lack of
customizability) of Xaw3d.

Sincerely,

Luc.