Re: Info menus on text-mode terminals

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Info menus on text-mode terminals
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:15:28 -0400

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:43:34PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I think the discussions you mentioned was about *info* buffers on X
> and similar windowing systems.

In the previous discussion I advocated actually modifying and filling the
buffer text to achieve Kim's layout improvements, instead of using display
property hacks to do it.  This would allow better layout, and eliminate some
weird side-effects of using display properties (such as funny cursor
movement).

In the context of that discussion, I think you're right, there was no mention
was made of ttys.  The `tty problem' is even more incentive to do it though...

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)