Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:47:14 -0500 (CDT)

Once we know exactly what the situation is for the Xaw3d,
Lesstif/Motif and GTK scroll bars, we can rewrite the documentation
string.  I do not believe that there is a need for a non-standard
"State" message or a mini-buffer error message.  I guess the user will
see that it has no effect.  Then he _will_ read the documentation.
The user could have legitimate reasons to customize the face, even if
he is using GTK.  He could be using several builds of Emacs with
different scroll bar types and want to use the same .emacs for all of
them.  Also, he might want to set that variable to look like his de
facto GTK face, anyway.  Then, for instance, if he is asked to specify
a face for something that looks somewhat similar to a scroll bar, he
can use scroll-bar.

Sincerely,

Luc.