Re: The color of a header line and window selection.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: The color of a header line and window selection.
Date: 29 Sep 2003 10:36:58 -0400

> Yes.  When Emacs is compiled with GTK, the menu bar and the tool bar
> have the light color of the header line and the mode line of a
> non-selected window.  When Emacs is compiled with LessTif, the menu
> bar and the tool bar have the dark color of the mode line of a
> selected window.  I didn't check the Athena toolkit, but if memory
> serves me, it behaves like LessTif in this respect.

I think the similarity of those colors is accidental more than
anything else.

> I think it's better to make the colors of the menu bar and tool bar
> the same for all toolkits.

If set explicitly, that should already be the case.
As for the default, I'd say the default color for the Gtk menu should
be the same as for other Gtk applications rather than the same as
the Motif menu (and same thing applies to other combinations of
Gtk/Motif/Lucid).

        Stefan