address@hidden: windows-1251 language environment]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: windows-1251 language environment]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:23:44 -0400

What do others think about this?

Date: 29 Sep 2003 16:47:35 +0000
From: Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: windows-1251 language environment
Sender: address@hidden

I recompiled Emacs today and found that "Windows-1251" language
environment is gone.  This is definitely a wrong decision.  Maybe you
removed it because you dislike Windows (me too, i don't use it) -- i
don't know, but by far the most of russian speakers use `cp1251'
codepage and i and many others have to cooperate.

It was not hard for me to hack `language/cyrillic.el' and return that
language environment, but i ask you to revert the change in the Emacs
CVS tree.

Paul Pogonyshev