Info mutilates user overlays.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Info mutilates user overlays.
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:16:40 -0500 (CDT)

Is there a reason for the behavior of Info, described below?  It
prevents the user from using his own overlays, as well as from using
any Emacs feature that uses overlays, in Info buffers.  They all get
mysteriously moved and made empty after minimal browsing.  I find it
pretty annoying and unexpected.

emacs-21.3.50 -q --eval "(blink-cursor-mode 0)" &

C-h i

M-: (point-min) Result: 188

M-: (setq ov (make-overlay 190 210))
Result: #<overlay from 190 to 210 in *info*>

M-: ov
Same result (of course).

m Emacs RET d

M-: ov
Result: #<overlay from 1 to 1 in *info*> (Not so "of course" to me.)

Sincerely,

Luc.