groupware question

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: groupware question
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:44:52 +0000 (UTC)

Is anyone on this list using the groupware feature in Emacs mentioned
in

    (emacs)Multiple Displays

With `make-frame-on-display', two or more people, close together or
far apart, can work on the same file at the same time.  Is this not
what `extreme programmers' so sometimes, or two people writing
documentation together?  I do not use the feature because I use a
dial-up telephone connection that is too slow for a remote display
using X.  However, I imagine it is a wonderful feature, but wonder how
it works out in practice.

(I would love someone to take the code in, say, tramp and enable
connections to character-only terminals as well as to X sessions.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this.)

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden