Re: The color of a header line and window selection.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The color of a header line and window selection.
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:24:51 -0400

    > All else being equal, I agree, but it is more important to make Emacs
    > to be consistent with the general conventions (and other apps) for any
    > given toolkit.
    >
    > Is that the way it is now?

    Yes.  Emacs uses the defaults and customizations of the toolkit in use.

I thin we should set the default settings of the header-line face in
a way that is appropriate to the default colors of the toolkit in use.
That way it could be reasonable by default for every toolkit.

People who customize their toolkit colors may want to customize
the header-line face also, but that's ok.