Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 12:56:49 -0500 (CDT)

Jan D. wrote:

   This still will not change the fact that pixmap based themes may
   not use these colours.

Do _only_ pixmap based themes create trouble with GTK customization?
If so, what percentage (very roughly) of themes are pixmap based?  If
say, only the theme actually named "Pixmap", or similar themes whose
name clearly indicates that they are pixmap based, would be affected,
we could just tell users not to use these themes, if they want full
customizability.

If any theme whatsoever can yield one type of problem or another with
the type of non-theme GTK customizability we want, then I agree with
Jan.  Would it make any sense whatsoever to try to talk with GTK
people about our problems or is it obvious from prior experience that
this is just a waste of time?

Sincerely,

Luc.