Re: RMAIL, MIME clean-up, coding system

From: Alexander Pohoyda
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME clean-up, coding system
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:33:01 +0200 (CEST)

> >> Using a message-global X-Coding-System header field is not an option
> >> anymore.
> > Sorry, I don't see why not; we could, for example, use emacs-mule,
> > right?
>
> Just a reminder that we shouldn't fiddle too much with the encoding
> of MIME email since things like gpg signatures might otherwise get
> broken.

AFAIK, only ASCII armor is used to sign email messages. Even if this
is not always the case, 8bit data is recommended to send base64
encoded, so I don't really understand your concern.
Anyway, with my implementation we are free to do whatever we need
with any content type, so if this is not a text type, we don't even
*have* to transfer-encoding decode it. We don't even have to show it
in the message.

Please feel free to explain what you mean. I appreciate your input
very much.

--
Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden>
PGP Key fingerprint: 7F C9 CC 5A 75 CD 89 72  15 54 5F 62 20 23 C6 44