Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:12:02 -0400

    > but I made the double semicolons in the commented out code into
    > triple semicolons myself, because that is how (elisp)Comment Tips
    > wants code commented out.

    Please don't.  It might be documented that way, but outline-minor-mode
    behaves very poorly with them.

Three or more semicolons are the convention for comments that should
start at the margin, and that is our standard way of commenting out
code.  Like anything, it could be changed, but that is a rather
heavy change to make and I would hesitate to do it on account of
outline-minor-mode.