Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:04:46 +0200

Luc Teirlinck wrote:
My previous message assumed that styles get "merged" like faces in
Emacs (and hence the pixmaps of the theme would still override the
user specified colors, unless first set to "<none>").  I could not
quite figure out from (emacs)GTK styles whether this is the case or
not, but maybe I did not read it well enough.

It is, but that assumes the pixmaps has been set by things like bg_pixmap[NORMAL] = ...

In most cases, themes set pixmaps by defining "engines". This is a mechanism that seems to be unaffected by any other cutomizations (I don't know if an engine can be redefined in another file). I don't know how to define engines, and the documentation for it is very poor. But you can see examples in your gnome distribution in the themes files under prefix/share/themes/*/gtkrc-2.0/gtkrc.

        Jan D.