Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:08:07 -0400

    How about if we have an option that would cause Emacs to either use
    the F<num> names (default) or the new names you implemented.

Which kind of usage are you talking about in this suggestion?

If you're talking about the xterm title, I don't see why this is desirable.
Always using the new names seems better.

If you're talking about the frame's name, what you would specify to
switch frames, then I don't see why this is desirable.  Always using
the F<n> name seems better.

Is it some other sort of usage that you're thinking of?