Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: 15 Oct 2003 08:07:55 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:08:07 -0400
>
> If you're talking about the frame's name, what you would specify to
> switch frames, then I don't see why this is desirable.  Always using
> the F<n> name seems better.

I thought about using the xterm's title as the frame's name.  People
may wish to use the name displayed in the xterm's title because it's
more descriptive, and thuis more easily remembered, than F<n>.  In
effect, the string in the title could act as the frame's name, making
the use of set-frame-name unnecessary.  (Which means, btw, that, if
Miles's suggestion is implemented, we should decide what to do with
set-frame-name: should it affect the xterm title or the F<n> displayed
in the mode line [or both]).