Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: 16 Oct 2003 05:40:22 -0400

"Alexander Pohoyda" <address@hidden> writes:

   That's what I'm trying to hear in this discussion.  Can't we just
   hide header fields instead of creating another "simplified" header in
   between of the message and thus braking it?

you have the right idea.  hiding is the desired functionality, and
currently, deleting is the implementation.  it's probably ok to keep the
functionality and choose a more desirable implementation (overlays, for
example).  then when someone complains about the change breaking their
code you can say "that was an implementation detail".  then, they will
of course ask you for your high-level design and API, in order to avoid
being burned in the future.  then, you will know you have thought about
things in the right way from the beginning.

thi