Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:02:44 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:14:55 +0200 (MEST)
> From: "Alexander Pohoyda" <address@hidden>
>
> Because, after reformatting it is not a MIME message anymore!

So?  We are not sending that text as-is to any MTA, are we?  We are
just processing the text locally.  So we don't need to comply to MIME
standards, do we?

> OK, this may not be that important. I just don't see a reason why do we
> have to reformat the message just to ignore this reformatting later.
> Reformatting only introduces an obstacle. Why to do that?

I think it eases further processing elsewhere in RMAIL.  IIRC, many
RMAIL functions need to access the headers and the body separately.

Of course, it is also possible to avoid that reformatting, but then
your job will become much bigger, I think.