Re: `special' keys in keyboard macros

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `special' keys in keyboard macros
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:07:10 -0400

    I think it would be neat to have some better support for converting
    "dirty", quickly hacked keyboard macros into "clean" elisp commands.
    The command edit-kbd-macro gives some idea how the keys are
    translated into commands. But for more complex keyboard macros (such
    as those using recursive edit during execution of the macro) it will
    be rather tricky to provide an automated mechanism for converting
    keyboard macros into elisp commands.

It is a reasonable feature to add, and in fact Multics Emacs had such
a feature.  However, I think that many of the features in etc/TODO are
more important than this.