Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:45:51 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:06:49 -0400
>
>     > When we convert the email to babyl format,
>
> Paul Riley and I have made a version of Rmail that doesn't use Babyl
> format.  We want to get rid of it entirely.  I think it is currently
> available in a branch called rmail-mbox-branch.
>
> So please don't think in terms of conversion to Babyl
> format when designing future Rmail changes.

There still is a phase where the messages are processed for display,
right?  At the very least, the modified RMAIL should find the
boundaries of each message and narrow the buffer to those boundaries,
right?  That's the phase I was referring to, the "conversion to Babyl"
is just a convenient name for it, nothing more.