Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Alexander Pohoyda
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: 20 Oct 2003 07:53:42 +0200

>     > We certainly would not document a MIME library in the Emacs Lisp
>     > manual, because it is useful only for mail readers, and that is too
>     > specialized.
>
>     It is no less specialized than primitives like base64-decode-region.
>
> Those are primitives, and they are simple to document.
>
> Anyway, I'm just telling you what our policy is.  Not every Emacs Lisp
> facility has to be documented in the Emacs Lisp manual.

After I implemented it myself, I have found 2 more implementations of
quoted-printable primitives in Emacs/lisp tree.
Guess why? Because "Describe function" had no idea that they are
already implemented and I haven't found them in Emacs Lisp manual.

Would I even found them at the beginning, I would not dare to use the
one from Gnus, because:
* it belongs to different project in my eyes.
* gnus/qp.el requires mm-util, which I neither need nor want right now.

base64 functions are built-in, though.

2Lars: Only first 7 lines of the References header field are
highlighted in Gnus v5.9.0 and sorry, if this is already fixed.

--
Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden>
PGP Key fingerprint: 7F C9 CC 5A 75 CD 89 72  15 54 5F 62 20 23 C6 44