Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:51:52 +0200

Alexander Pohoyda <address@hidden> writes:

> After I implemented it myself, I have found 2 more implementations of
> quoted-printable primitives in Emacs/lisp tree.

Where did the second implementation live?

> Guess why? Because "Describe function" had no idea that they are
> already implemented and I haven't found them in Emacs Lisp manual.

Well, ok, but I find it somewhat puzzling that anybody would think
that Emacs didn't have something as basic as qp en/decoding somewhere
in its vast mass.

> Would I even found them at the beginning, I would not dare to use the
> one from Gnus, because:
> * it belongs to different project in my eyes.
> * gnus/qp.el requires mm-util, which I neither need nor want right now.

I think a better solution than writing yet another implementation
would be to move gnus/qp.el to mime/qp.el, and remove the
dependencies on mm-util (which is basically a compatibility library
between a bewildering array of X/Emacs versions).

> 2Lars: Only first 7 lines of the References header field are
> highlighted in Gnus v5.9.0 and sorry, if this is already fixed.

You mean in Message?  That's handled by font-lock, which has a
tendency to stop highlighting extremely long lines after a certain
point.  I'm sure it's customizable.  :-)

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen