Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Undocumented hyperlinks in doc strings.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:22:08 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   The only way I can think of that won't make newcomment.el's code
   even more complex (and significantly more ugly) is to accept
   expressions (rather than just numbers) for comment-add.

   Then the expression could use syntax-ppss or some such trick to
   decide whther to evaluate to 1 or 2.

Could you take a look at it?  Since you are the maintainer of
newcomment.el it would be easier for you since you are familiar with
the code.  (I am not at all.)  I took an initial look at it and it
seems indeed more complicated than I thought.  If it seems too complex
for you as the maintainer, it is certainly going to be too complex for
me.

Sincerely,

Luc.