Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:25:39 -0400

    I know.  The question is why aren't they?  SEMI is semi-encumbered
    (the same legal issues that prevented Mule from being assigned to the
    FSF),

What specifically is the problem?  If it is work done at ETL, that
may not really be a problem.  Since we accepted their Mule code,
we can accept some more with no difficulty.

I think we intended to install SEMI, but the work of integrating
it never got done.

Now we have the option of using SEMI or adopting the Gnus code.  To
make that decision, someone who knows Emacs Lisp well and is not
already a partisan of either one should study them both and compare
them.  Is there someone who would like to do that?