Re: bug in save-some-buffers or diff.el?

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: bug in save-some-buffers or diff.el?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:35:01 -0400

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:
>> Here's my backtrace:
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>>   expand-file-name(nil)
>>   find-file-noselect(nil)
>>   diff-parse-differences(732 nil)
>
> This bug is already fixed and yesterday checked in to CVS (files
> compile.el and diff.el).  This bug was caused by setting the variable
> `compile-auto-highlight' to t.  Now it is nil by default.
> However, even if you set it back to t, it will not cause the same bug,
> because function `diff-parse-differences' now is changed not to
> call the `find-file-noselect' at all.

Well, the problem was repro'd in a version of emacs built yesterday
at approx. 5pm EST, and neither of those two files has changed since
I did my checkout.  I appear to have both changes, as well.

Hmm, maybe I need to do

  nmake recompile && nmake install

in the lisp directory?  It surprises me that

   nmake && nmake install

from the nt directory is insufficient after updating my local CVS
image.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting