Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:52:20 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>     I know.  The question is why aren't they?  SEMI is semi-encumbered
>     (the same legal issues that prevented Mule from being assigned to the
>     FSF),

> What specifically is the problem?  If it is work done at ETL, that
> may not really be a problem.  Since we accepted their Mule code,
> we can accept some more with no difficulty.

Although Morioka-san, the main programmer of SEMI, stayed at
ETL for one year, ETL is not a copyright holder of SEMI.  We
already have assignment papers from the developpers, but
that was several years ago.  I don't know how many other
programers contributed code to the current SEMI, FLIM, and
APEL (three cooperating packages).

I included Morioka-san's address in CC:.  Morioka-san,
please give us the information about the current status of
those packages.  Does the assignment papers already sent to
FSF cover the whole codes (except tiny changes)?  If not, is
it possible to get papers from the other programmers?  FYI,
you can read previous mails of this thread at:
        http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden