Re: (font-lock-mode 1) does not always force font-lock

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: (font-lock-mode 1) does not always force font-lock
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:38:38 -0400

    This returns nil because `(font-lock-mode 1)' does not force
    font-lock, contrary to the docstring which, in GNU Emacs 21.2.1,
    states:

        With arg, turn Font Lock mode off if and only if arg is a
        non-positive number; if arg is nil, toggle Font Lock mode;
        anything else turns Font Lock on.

    I assume the problem is that the buffer is that the buffer in question
    is temporary.

that seems like a bug to me.  perhaps it is a consequence of a feature
meant for some other case.  what code tests this?

can u suggest a patch?