Re: Change of C indentation style ('{')

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Change of C indentation style ('{')
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:24:39 -0400

    That's because CC Mode analyzes the braces differently now. It marks
    them as defun-open and defun-close instead of substatement-open and
    substatement-close. That is because FOR_EACH_FRAME isn't recognized as
    a substatement introducing keyword, and barring macro oddities
    everything else has to be function definitions.

    I'm not sure what to do about it.

You could perhaps undo the change.

                                      There are other cases when this new
    heuristic is useful, e.g. for functions in macro arguments or gcc
    nested functions.

could you show us the cases in question?
if we can't make them all work rt, we should choose the case
more useful in practice and make it wrk rt.

or there cd in theory be some convention used to say which way to do it.