Re: question about frame local variable

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: question about frame local variable
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:46:55 -0500

    It seems that we need the attached patch to make a code like
    this (allow scalable fonts only for a specific frame) work
    well.

    (defun make-frame-allowing-scalable-fonts ()
      (make-variable-frame-local 'scalable-fonts-allowed)
      (let ((frame (make-frame '((name . "SCALABLE")))))
        (modify-frame-parameters frame '((scalable-fonts-allowed . t)))
        frame))

    The patch accesses the value of `scalable-fonts-allowed' not
    directly by Vscalable_fonts_allowed but via:

is there a bug in handling frame-local bindings for variables
forwarded to C vars?  if so, can we fix that bug?