Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: 27 Oct 2003 18:55:08 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> > > I have C-z bound to scroll-one-line-up
> >
> > Same here.  I think this was a default binding in one of the old
> > Emacsen (not GNU Emacs), and I got too used to it to get around
> > without it.
>
> I use it because it was the default in `ez' (the Andrew graphical
> toolkit emacs-style editor), along with C-q for scroll-one-line-down.

So if everybody has the functions to scroll one line up and down
in .emacs, why not to add the function definitions somewhere
to Emacs (e.g. in simple.el)?  Even though the function definitions
are trivial, it will make easier to bind a key to them.

I just found that Emacs already has these functions in the
`ws-mode.el'.  They could be moved to simple.el.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/