Re: windows-1251 language environment

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: windows-1251 language environment
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:51:09 +0900 (JST)

>     Currently, a user must define his own language environment
>     from scratch.  But, usually what they want is to prefer the
>     diffent default input method, prefer the different coding
>     system than the existing one.

> Other people pointed out that it's easy to do this by first specifying
> the standard language environment, and second overriding other
> specific data.

> A customization UI could generate the Lisp code in .emacs to specify
> the information in exactly that way.

That makes the UI code unnecessarily complicated.  In
addition, in that way, C-h L (describe-language-environment)
doesn't work.

I think it is simpler to make the UI allows a user to
customize the variable `language-info-alist' by modifying
the existing slot or by adding a new slot to
language-info-alist.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden