Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:45:34 +0200

> From: Oliver Scholz <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:24:03 +0100
>
> But on a second thought, I think one big benefit of something
> HTML-like is that users who don't use Emacs and who don't like the tty
> reader could use their favourite browser to read the info files

I see your point, but please note that there are more Info readers
than just the standalone Info and Emacs are.  The other readers are
less known, I think, but they still exist and support GUI-like
features.  TkInfo is one of them, for instance.

So if someone doesn't like the standalone reader and doesn't use
Emacs, they still have some alternatives before turning to a Web
browser.