Re: question about frame local variable

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: question about frame local variable
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:35:17 +0900 (JST)

CCed to Gerd.

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> Ideally, I think selecte-frame should change the value of
> Vscalable_fonts_allowed when that has frame local binding.
> Then, C code can simply refer to this variable to get the
> current value.

I found that the above is not enough.  It seems that the
display engine doesn't issue select-frame; i.e. provided
that there are two frames A and B, there is a case that the
display engine redisplays A while the selected frame is B.

It means that even if we make such variables frame local
that affect the redisplaying (font-selection, etc), any
frame local bindings are just ignored.

Gerd, do you remember this matter?  Is my analysis correct?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden