Re: ;; -*-coding: emacs-mule;-*- ???

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: ;; -*-coding: emacs-mule;-*- ???
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:21:28 +0100

Hi Stefan!

>> This did not happen before.
>> How can I stop this again?
>
> You're probably using something like BBDB some other package that uses
> `add-hook' to modify a variable buffer-locally but without passing the
> `local' argument.
>
> Please try and get this package fixed.  Also upgrade to the latest CVS
> where the problem should be fixed,
>

>         Stefan

You are right!
It is the bbdb package.

I have the following in my .emacs:
(setq bbdb-file-coding-system 'emacs-mule)

This yields in a call to bbdb-write-file-hook-fn every time I want to
save a buffer.

This function inserts the unwanted cookie, it is specified in
bbdb-write-file-hooks

I will investigate the problem further.

Thanks for your help,

  Stefan.