Installing changes written by anyone other than you!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Installing changes written by anyone other than you!
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:25:01 -0500

To all those who have write access to the repository, here is a
reminder about the FSF's policy on installing changes.

Never install changes written by anyone other than you
without first verifying that we have received proper legal papers
for those changesm, from their actual author(s).

Some of you already know how to verify this.  If you don't
already know, and you would like to learn, I can teach you.
The first step is to read the file maintain.texi, which you can
find in http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.texi.

Very small changes can be installed without papers
when they meet the criteria for a "tiny change".
These criteria are also given in maintain.texi.