Re: ls-lisp and remote files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ls-lisp and remote files
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:57:00 -0500

    I have done some searching in the source tree myself now. There are no
    problems in the C code, but in the lisp code I have found more that 10
    files that expects UID to be numeric. It may be true that all of them
    can be changed to use names rather than ids, but it requires more work
    than I can handle myself. Therefore I suggest we introduce an additional
    argument to file-attributes and directory-files-and-attributes.

I think would be better, because the result would be cleaner overall,
if we changed all those ten files.  Are there people who want to do that?