Re: add-hook

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: add-hook
Date: 11 Nov 2003 11:26:33 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> or you can change the comment to make things more clear

How about:

;; Setting `local' to t ensures that the var will be modified with `set'
;; whereas a setting of nil implies that the hook will be modified with
;; `set-default', so the safe setting is t.  The only case where we
;; want to use the unsafe setting of nil is when we indeed want to change
;; the global part of the hook and there is both a local and a global part
;; (i.e when local == nil and when there's a t in the hook's content).

:-)

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page