Re: Suggestion: go to bottom of mail message

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Suggestion: go to bottom of mail message
Date: 19 Nov 2003 15:19:24 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> (3) I prefer the key "/" than ";" for
> rmail[-summary]-end-of-message because "/" is usually just
> right of "." but ";" is usually right upper of ".".  As "."
> moves point to the beggining, it seems strange to type the
> upper key to move point to the end.  By the way, for me the
> ideal keys are:
>   "," go to the beginning
>   "." go to the end
> because my fingers already got used to "ESC <" and "ESC >",
> and "," and "<", "." and ">" are on the same keys.

I don't use rmail anymore, but as a general note, you should
not make decisions like this based on a specific keyboard layout.

For example, on a Danish PC keyboard, the three keys to the right of
"M" produces the following characters (shifted in the first row):

        ;  :  _
        ,  .  -

while < and > are on a separate key, and / is above 7.