Re: tabs proposal

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: tabs proposal
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:08:06 -0500

    The key point is that we don't show more than a small number of tabs
    at the same time.  Only the first n elements of the (possibly
    filtered) buffer-list are shown.  Whenever this is not enough, we
    change the order of the buffer-list such that the list of tabs shown
    remains meaningful.

I think this is a good approach.  If we use Lisp code to control
which tabs to show, the users will adapt it into something very usable.