Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:19:51 -0500

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 01:33:09PM +0100, Stepan Kasal wrote:

> > AFAIK, neither the version cited here, nor elinks, is the `true' links --
> > that apparently ceased development quite a while ago, and both the above
> > are forks of it.
>
> I know the authors a bit, though I've never met them in person.  clock is
> the login name of Petr Kulhavy, one of the principle authors of links.

As I recall, the original links was the work of a single person, [let's see,
google, google] Mikulas Patocka, who basically stopped working on it; it
looks like the various people with versions today all branched off at around
the same point.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research