Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: 25 Nov 2003 12:21:00 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> I still think that there is no need to add Javascript and XSLT engines
> to Emacs.  The solution you propose will be useful for web browsers
> because they have no other extensibility mechanisms.  But Emacs could
> handle pages received from server by using local Emacs Lisp programs.
> The received pages could contain some indication about their type so
> that Emacs will decide what functions to call to handle them.  And
> this is much safer than to embed Emacs Lisp code on the web pages.

I totally agree.

Just put something like

<!-- *Info-Node* next=XX prev=XX up=XX index=XX ... -->

into every page and let emacs info reader -- or stand-alone info
reader -- deal with that; should be damn trivial compared to XSLT or
javascript or whatever.

But by all means, add whatever javascript and XML etc to make it
useful in a standard browser as well.