Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:59:06 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:
> Juri Linkov wrote:
>
>    BTW, recently there was a discussion on the emacs-devel list about
>    displaying help-echo in the echo area after point movements over a
>    text property.  What was the decision?  This could be useful for Info
>    buffers too, i.e. when point moves to a reference with help-echo text
>    property, then Emacs could display the full address in the echo area.
>
> I just asked Richard whether it was OK to install the new file
> "help-at-pt.el" that implements this.  Richard had still some questions
> about details concerning help-for-help and the name of a function.

But will this work in Info buffers?  As I remember, there is some
additional text property with a help text such that if point moves
over a character with such property, then a help text is displayed in
the echo area.  Is it so?  This would be useful to display references
to external info manuals in the echo area when references are hidden
in the Info buffer and user navigates between references by keyboard.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/