Re: GC crashes

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: GC crashes
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:03:00 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> [CVS 2003-11-13, compiled with gcc 2.95.3 using -O0]

> Using this CVS snapshot I get much more GC crashes than previously.  I
> wonder whether this is due to some changes related to GC or whether
> I've compiled with -O0.  I'm rather convinced that it is related to
> displaying fonts for many different scripts (mainly Thai, Chinese,
> Japanese, and Korean) at the same time.

Please find a way to reproduce this bug by emacs started
with -q.  If it relates to the number of fonts, C-h h,
scrolling up/down, and editing HELLO file will cause GC
crash rapidly.

> Any tries in debugging the problem (as described in the DEBUG) makes
> my gdb 6.0 either crash or abort...
[...]
> PS: That a call to `bt' after a crash yields about 1800 nested calls
>     to mark_object is normal, right?

I have no idea about that.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden

PS. By the way, I'm sorry for no progress as to the bug
reported with the subject "Re: Emacs crash CVS 2003-10-17".
It's very difficult to solve it without a recipe to
reproduce that bug.