Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:22:05 -0600 (CST)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   BZZT!  Thanks for playing, it works exactly as I showed: (defcustom a b "c")

OK, but in which node of the Elisp manual is this feature documented?
Which node of the Elisp manual contains the guidelines on when it is
appropriate to use this feature?  The only answer to that question I
was able to find was in (elisp)Group Definitions.  This clearly
suggests to me that it is _never_ appropriate to use the "feature":

Each Emacs Lisp package should have one main customization group which
contains all the options, faces and other groups in the package.

My comments:

To me, this clearly says that every package containing defcustom's or
defface's should have a customization group and that _all_ options of
the package should be in that group or a subgroup of it.  If that
would not be the present standard, then the above sentence, quoted
from (elisp)Group Definitions, should be quantified.

Sincerely,

Luc.

`