Re: The display margin

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: The display margin
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:01:05 -0500

   From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
   Date: 28 Nov 2003 17:02:31 +0100

   Well, it was just an idea.

it's the right idea.  whether nor my brain will grow enough to be able
to accomodate and realize it into code is another question...

   > w/ images it's easy of course.

   Is it?  What if the image type is PostScript or some other scalable
   format, and the buffer is displayed on two frames on two different
   displays with different resolutions?  Ok, I guess the answer is "this
   will break Emacs", anyway.

oops, didn't think of those cases.  yes, anything that scales, be it
text or image, presents a challenge for coordinating info between the
data and its presentation.  cyclic dependencies means someone has to cut
something somewhere...

   Questions like that need the concerned window to be answerable, I
   guess.

minimally, which view being asked must be known.

thi