Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Creating recursive customization types / widgets
Date: 30 Nov 2003 15:05:52 -0500

> Below is a new widget named "child", which should simplify both tasks
> a lot.

Neat.  I have no idea why it's called `child' and the resulting
use of `child' in (define-widget 'foo 'child ...) does not look
particularly intuitive, but I can't think of anything better either.

We should install this.

> If the datastructures is recursive, you need to gave a :match argument
> as well as :type.

Why is that ?

> If not, it will simply match any values that the
> type specified for :type will match.

Which seems like what we want.  Are there cases where it doesn't work
and if so, why not (i.e. can we fix it) ?

        Stefan